The ESRD QIP is designed to provide better care to patients with ESRD. CMS will pay your facility based on the care that it provides to you. It is possible that your facility will receive a payment reduction if it does not perform well enough. You will not be impacted financially by the ESRD QIP.
You can use the ESRD QIP to see how your facility's performance under the ESRD QIP compares to the performance of facilities nationwide in the same program. CMS requires facilities to post certificates describing how they performed on the ESRD QIP. You can also find this information on Dialysis Facility Compare, available for free at Medicare.gov. You can ask your facility about its ESRD QIP scores, including its Total Performance Score. This information can be used as one tool among many when making choices about your care. It is important to note that the ESRD QIP is not the sole method for evaluating quality care at a facility; you should consider other factors as well.
Information for Patients
- 2015 QIP Newsletter - ESRD Network of Texas, Inc.
- How QIP Affects Patients - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Dialysis Facility Performance Certificate Explanation
- Dialysis Facility Compare - Learn about quality measures at your dialysis facility, including:
- Hemodialysis Adequacy
- Patient Survival
- Dialysis Facility Compare Flyer
- Patients and CROWNWEb - Project CROWNWeb