Healthy Living Resources
Do you know how food portions have changed over the last 20 years?
Take the portion distortion challenge!
Tips for Right Sizing
- Order half portions or order from the childs menu
- If you order a full entrée: box up half the meal before eating
- Eat a healthy appetizer and soup or salad instead of a large entrée
- Share food with a companion
Other Helpful Tools
- Nutritional Calculator - Fresenius Medical Care
- Dialysis Dining on the Go
- Aim for a Healthy Weight - National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- Interactive Menu Planner - National Heart Lung and Blood Institute
- AAKP Delicious! Cookbook - American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP)
American Heart Association
Start Walking Now - American Heart Association
Ultra Care from Fresenius Medical Care
American Cancer Society
As a kidney patient, your immune system has become weakened and may not be able to fight off infections. Therefore, it is very important that you stay up to date on your immunizations. Here are some resources to help. If you have any questions about immunizations don't hesitate to ask any member of your health care team.
What You Should Know for the 2014- 2015 Influenza Season - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Patient Card - Keep Your Health Information Together!
- Patient Card - English
- Patient Card - Spanish
- Print the card front/back, cut out and keep in your wallet to keep your vaccine informationt together!
- Vaccinations for Adults. You're never too old to get immunized! - Combined English/Spanish
- Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule
- Protect Yourself from Influenza - Combined English/Spanish
- Protect Yourself from Hepatitis B - Combined English/Spanish
- Protect Yourself From Pneumococcal Disease - Combined English/Spanish
- Vaccinations for Adults with Diabetes - Combined English/Spanish
- Patient Flu Flyer - Updated 2013 - Combined English/Spanish
- Which Shots You Need and Why - DaVita
- Immunizations - They're Not Just For Kids - American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP
- What Vaccinations Do You Need? - National Kidney Foundation (NKF)
- Patient Vaccination Form
- 2014-2015 Inactivated Influenza - English - Spanish - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Adult Easy to Read Vaccination Schedule - English - Spanish