“September is recognized as National Preparedness Month (NPM) which serves as a reminder that we all must take action to prepare, now and throughout the year, for the types of emergencies that could affect us where we live, work, and also where we visit.” –Ready.gov
For ESRD patients, disaster preparedness may look different due to needing dialysis treatment. Without access to a facility or medications, a disaster such as a flood, could be fatal to an unprepared patient.
This month we are working with facilities to make sure that not only staff, but also patients are well educated and prepared for any disaster. We know that we cannot prevent disasters but we can take control of our care and prepare.
2016 National Preparedness Month (NPM)
2016 National Theme-“Don’t Wait, Communicate. Make Your Emergency Plan Today”
Network 14 National Preparedness Month 2016 Activities
- Week1 Kick-off Disaster Plan Checklist— August 28-September 3
- Week 2 Preparing Friends and Family Worksheet— September 4-Spetmeber 10
- Week 3 Patient Wristbands— September 11-Spetmeber 17
- Week 4 CMS New Rules— September 18-Spetmeber 24
- Week 5 Wrap up — September 25-Spetmeber 30
KCER 14 National Preparedness Month 2016