The backbone of CMS 's ESRD information system is CROWNWeb—the Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-Enabled Network. ESRD Networks and dialysis facilities use CROWNWeb to enter and submit patient and clinical quality of care data to CMS.
Registering for access to CROWNWeb
For access to CROWNWeb, ESRD Network and facility staff must register for a Quality Identity Management System (QIMS) account by completing both parts of the online QIMS Account Form and Security Awareness Training:
- Part A (general QIMS account information) - Must be completed, printed, signed by the End User Manager and Security Official, and sent to the QualityNet Help Desk.
- Part B (CROWNWeb portion, which defines a user's CROWNWeb role and scope), PDF - Must be completed in order to access the CROWNWeb system. Part B must be downloaded, printed and provided to the End User Manager for signature and configuration in CROWNWeb.
- Security Awareness Training - Must be completed, certificate printed and signed. Certificates are to be stored by the Security Official for 7.5 years. This training is to be completed annually by all applicants or registered users.
Receiving User ID and Password
When a new account is activated in QIMS, the system will generate e-mail notifications to account holders providing the User ID and temporary Password (in separate messages). The new user will be asked to log in to the QIMS system, using the QIMS User Login link on the right to create a new password. Users will then be ready to access QIMS and/or the CROWNWeb system.
Updating personal information
Registered CROWNWeb users may use the QIMS User Login link on the right at any time to establish their security questions, reset their passwords, or update their personal information. For detailed instructions, see the QIMS User's Manual.
Questions and more information
- QIMS Registration Videos
- QIMS Initial Registration Guide
- QIMS Security Official Guide
- QIMS User Manual
- CROWNWeb User Login
- CROWNWeb FAQ
- Facility Administrator Quick Start Guide
- Facility Editor Quick Start Guide
- Facility Viewer Quick Start Guide